Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Our first live show is now HERE!

OK, My Mac Guys recorded a live show at MacWorld 2006 in San Francisco, just like we said it would.

What a RUSH! Chris and Hank just finished our 26th show, It was cool, it was nerve racking and it is over. And, I think it is pretty good.

We had a couple of technical issues, but it did not stop us from keeping to our "rules of engagement" first and foremost, have fun.

The show is over-modulated and widgets crashed us at the halfway point, other than that it is flawless.

Learn our opinions about the key note, Steve Jobs dress code, and much, much more.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris2x said...

the main reason Steve announced Chrysler and not Honda was Chrysler is the latest. The Honda announcement was in September

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2005/sep/07ipod_auto.html

too bad the sound quality did not work as well in this episode

5:00 PM  
Blogger Chris2x said...

as to iChat vs Skype, don't forget that you can't use iChat with a phone like you can Skype.

It is not that hard to record a Skype interview. Try WireTap Pro.

Also Gizmo Project already had built in recording too and is open source.

Level setting is still a problem so it will be interesting to see if iChat makes that easier.

I already use GarageBand for Amateur Traveler and the new version might save me some time making the enhanced version I do, we shall see. My one concern is that I don't publish to .Mac (I do have an account) so I don't know if it will help me as much.

5:23 PM  
Blogger MyMacGuys said...

Thye only questions I asked a mac terminal during the show was about publsihing to other than .Mac through GB.

GB will publsih to any site, but it has to be an absolute URL. In other words it will not handle the a feed publishing to outside site, only .Mac.

Our problem with Skype was just that the quality was not good enough. I use Audio HiJack Pro and it was possible to get the recording going, but it never sounded any good so we gave up. Part of that problem was that I was doing it on my PB G3 (which has a G4 accelerator in it, but under those circumstances it was acting more like a G3 than a G4.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Google